KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Low Priority - [ODBC dBase Driver] System resources exceeded

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Low Priority - [ODBC dBase Driver] System resources exceeded Reply with quote

Alex:

This is a low priority issue as I only see it happen once a week or less. Here's the basic scenario:

1. On 60 machines, I check performance counter "\Active Server Pages\Sessions Current". HM uses RMA on each of the 60 machines.
  2. On HM, in the folder containing the 60 tests, I run a report that writes these values to a DBF file.
  3. I then have a separate ODBC Query test that sums the values (i.e. "SELECT Sum(REPLY) from OLAPPusercount.dbf"). This gives me a rough approximation of the total number of online users across all 60 machines

Everything works as expected, however, about once a week or less, this ODBC Query test will begin to fail and will display the following message:

Error: [Microsoft][ODBC dBase Driver] System resources exceeded.

To correct this problem, I simply shut down the HM application and then restart (the application only - not the entire machine) and I'm good for another week or so..

Additional info: HM Version: 4.30, RMA Version 1.12, Windows 2000 Pro (w/all latest patches), dBase driver Version 4.00.6200.00. HM is running as application.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked HostMonitor's code but did not find resource leakage. May be something wrong with ODBC driver
Could you try to use Microsoft FoxPro VFP driver instead of dBase driver?

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: