KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Unsupported RCI version, please download the latest version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyJones

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Unsupported RCI version, please download the latest version Reply with quote

We have an Enterprise License for AHM and have been using Webservice fine until upgrading from v6.80 to 6.82. Webservice and AHM running on the same dedicated server (Windows 2000 server o/s and no other apps installed there).
Can connect remotely using IE and enter username and password OK but then receive the error "Unsupported RCI version, please download the latest version of WebService"
AHM v.6.82, Webservice v2.90Beta. Pretty sure all my settings are OK. Is this the correct version of Webservice? And if not, how can I upgrade it - I thought it comes with the AHM package?
thanks, Andy
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The version 2.90 of the WebService is pretty old. The version 6.82 of the HostMonitor is supplied with the WebService's version 3.06. To get rid of annoying "Unsupported RCI version" message, you just should copy the Webservice.exe from "WebService" subfolder of the HostMonitor's folder to the location, where Webservice is running.

Did you see any errors during upgrade to the 6.82 version? Probably, webservice.exe was locked by some third party application and installer was not able to update the file.

Regards,
Max
AndyJones

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that did it. I didn't do the upgrade myself so I'm not sure. Actually I think the upgrade was from v6.51 or something to 6.82. Anyway, it works - thanks for your fast reply
Garia666

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

Hi we got the same error out of the blue.. i download the latest version installed it on a diff pc and copyed the webservice.exe to the host monitor.

started the service and it works again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: