KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Running as a service

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jricha34

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Alex, I am finally at the point where I am going to start testing the "running as service functionality".

I want to run this on one machine with multiple instances. It appears that only one service instance can be installed as there is no way to name the service instances. Is this correct or can I simply install it via the back door installation ways with different instance names and it will work ok?

If so, how or would the GUI being fired up actually interface with the services?

thanks, joe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H'm, several instances of the service? Strange question. I never make this experiment. Theoretically
if you (using some software) will install several instances of HostMonitor, all instances will work. But all instances will use the same settings, the same HML file, the same log files, etc. I see 2 methods to avoid this problem:
- install several copies of HostMonitor into different directories
- create several ini files (copy of hostmon.ini) and use "/Ini=IniFileName" command line parameter as parameter of the services

>If so, how or would the GUI being fired up actually interface with the services?

You will see several HostMonitor's icons in system tray. Each icon will activate appropriate instance of HostMonitor

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: