Compare Files

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).

Post by Guest »

Alex,

I use the compare files test to watch for a particular string in a text file when I run nightly maintenance in our email system. If I read it correctly, the status is BAD when the string exists. Therefore, I have set up an event to send me a page when the action turns bad. I have it on a schedule of 6pm to 8am to run since I don't run maintenance during the day. I have no GOOD action profiles set up. The problem is that when I go to set up a new COmpare files event, the Treat Unknown as Bad box is grayed out so I can't uncheck it. I will get the page saying that the maintenance finished as expected, but randomly I will then get pages in the middle of the night saying that the maintenance is finished again! I also have it set up to send email and in the email it says last status UNKNOWN. I thought that if I could uncheck that box, I would not get this problem.

Thank you!
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I think you can uncheck another option: "Alert when .. or file(s) is(are) missing" (located just beside alert condition).

Regards
Alex

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the suggestion Alex, but that option is already unchecked. Is there a reason why the treat unknown status as bad option is greyed out in this test?

Thanks again.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

H'm, what version of HostMonitor do you use? I just checked code, "Compare Files" test does not use "Unknown" status at all. It can be "Bad" or "Ok".

Regards
Alex

Post by Guest »

Hi Alex,

I am using 3.32. Perhaps that's why it's greyed out - because it doesn't use it? I don't have any saved email notification messages, but if I get one, I will just post it here.

Thank you very much.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Better send to our e-mail address line1@ks-soft.net with link to forum (http://www.ks-soft.net/cgi-bin/phpBB/re ... 86&forum=1)

Regards
Alex