Setting alerts

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).
agressiv

Post by agressiv »

If I tell a server which had no alerting mechanism with a new one, it won't take effect until hostmonitor is restarted. I would add the alert, purposely fail the server, and it would never act upon the alert. Once I stop and restart HostMonitor, it seems to work fine.

Is there a "commit changes now" feature? Am I missing something else?

Thanks,

Greg
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

HostMonitor must use all changes right after you close dialog. Probably you have started HM as a service and use second instance of the program started as application to change settings?

Regards
Alex
agressiv

Post by agressiv »

Its just running as an app right now. I guess I can try setting it to a service and see how it works then.

Greg
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Application and service must work in the same way. What version of HostMonitor do you use? Could you please tell me (step by step) how I can reproduce this problem?

Regards
Alex
agressiv

Post by agressiv »

Create a new TestName. Set your parameters. Save it. Go back into it. Give it an alert profile. Fail the box to where it should generate an alert. I will refresh the selected test 10 times (I have it fail at 3 bad responses) and it won't do anything except go red.

Restart hostmonitor, and it will fail after 3 times.

In addition, once I set the logging parameters for ODBC, and I do a test (the test shows up) none of the other logs will show up until you restart hostmonitor as well.

Greg
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Ok, I have tested it. HM works correctly.
Unfortunatelly I do not see your settings but I have hypothesis. I think you added some action with "Start when 1 consecutive bad result occurs" & "Repeat 1 time" options but probably test already has "Bad" status, it means several consecutive bad result already occurred (you can see how many in Recurrences fiels). Of course in this case HM will not start action because its too late.
If you will use "Repeat: until status changes" option, HM will start action. Or you can try to change test's status to Good and back to Bad, in this case HM must start actions as well.

Regards
Alex