Feature request - associate alert profiles to schedule block

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).

Post by Guest »

Hi, I'll explain what the configuration is that I'm using, hopefully there's an easier way to do this.

I have about 120 hosts, each with a ping and an average of 3 UNC tests. That adds up to about 480 tests. My challenge is, I need to have one type of alert action during the day, and another at night. Because the alert system is also used by other processes, it rules out changing the config at that end.

My current solution is to use two tests, each with its own schedule and alert profile. This is OK for a few tests but an administrative nightmare for 480. The export/import feature is a godsend, but my options are split between maintaining two tests for every item, or using a script to load an after-hours version of the test list.

What I thought (as you would) is that it would be great to have a combined schedule/alert profile, possibly by expanding the alert profiles to cater for 2 or more variations, each with its own schedule block matrix.

Unless there's a better way to do this within existing functionality?

KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

What the problem? Use "Time restriction" option: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... #TimeRestr

Regards
Alex

Post by Guest »

Wow. This has come a long way since 1.78. Sorry, I had no idea.

This is world class stuff, Alex. The export/import was sorely needed, but now it's there, this is an amazing package. We're signing up for lifetime updates.

Any prospects for UNIX tests?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Thank you.
I think remote agents (for Unix and Windows) will be implemented somewhere between version 3.70 and 4.0
BTW What Unix specific tests do you need?

Regards
Alex

Post by Guest »

I would guess (at least) CPU and memory performance, disk space check, process check, and script test (whether it can be run).

I'll get some feature requests from my UNIX admin and get back to you!