Remote enable/disable of checks

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).

Post by Guest »

We often have to perform maintenance on a server that is monitored. Is there now, or is there any plan for, providing and interface to change the status of a test(s) via ssh/telnet, the command-line, a Web interface, etc.? I can build a Web interface if I can just get access to the engine via telnet or ??? . The idea is that I can allow operations to manage their systems, dev theirs, etc. without them needing to login to the server.

Thanks.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Sorry, I do not understand why do need to change test status? I can understand when you want to disabl/enable test, add new test, check test status. But change status...?
Anyway, current version of HostMonitor does not allow remote access. I think in future versions will be implemented remote console to access to remote instances of HostMonitor.

Regards
Alex

Post by Guest »

Sorry. To clarify I was simply referring to being able to enable/disable a test or group of tests from something other than the normal interface. Then, a web page could be provided to the repective departments allowing them to disable a test while they did maintenance.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I see your point, but its impossible in current version

Regards
Alex
jricha34

Post by jricha34 »

Set up a master test that is simply a script to look at a file or something else that you modify on your own in your own way. When that test goes negative the dependent test won't run.

At least that is how I would go after that.

Post by Guest »

Unfortunately, that does not scale. However, that is a clever way to address the issue.