Status page for PDA

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).
hanshantson

Post by hanshantson »

Hi,

We want to setup a single (HTML) page wich is just giving the following information (maybe graphical):

Systems ok (Green) : xx
System down (Red) : xx
Last Check date : dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm

And by example a button which is showing you a list of all systems down.

This page can be host somewhere and by view on a ex. Ipaq PDA

Anyone an idea how to do this ?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

- Create new HTML report profile
- Unmark all items in the left listbox (list of tests those should be included in the report). In this case report will be empty.
- Mark "Use external header" option and select Summary.html file from "Examples" directory. Or you can create your own header file using %TotalTests%, %GoodTests%, %BadTests%, %UnknownTests% macro variables (you can find list of macros in documentation, just click Help button).
That's it. If you want to have link to another detailed report, create one or more report profiles. E.g. you can create separated reports for Good/Bad/Unknown tests.

Regards
Alex
hanshantson

Post by hanshantson »

Hi,

I tried this, but the results of the different macro variables are still 0.
I adds also the different folder names by default, and I didn't found an option to remove this from the report.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

To suppress folder items add "ShowFolders=0" line into hostmon.ini file, in the "[Reports]" section.
Macro variables are 0 because these macros correspond to report, not to all tests that has HM. It was my mistake when I recommended unmark all items in left listbox. Better mark items in left listbox and unmark all items in the right listbox. In this case HM will include tests to the report and each test will be represended by emty line. In internet browser this HTML file will looks good.

Regards
Alex