KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

how to get notifications only once...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclelude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,
I am having problems configuring HostMonitor for notifications. Basically, I have a sql with a where clause which gets the count with a certain criteria. If the count > 100, then I would like it to send me a message saying "Count is too high". Else, send me an e-mail, saying "Count is manageable". But I am not having any luck. I have the alert enables in the ODBC SQL Test screen. On the Alerts Configuration screen, I have tried both "repeat 1 times" and "untill status changes", but they both are giving me inconsistent results. I have set the criteria to be always true, i.e count > 100, but it reports both statuses. what am I doing wrong ?

thanks for all the help I can get.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure I understand you correctly, please correct me if I am wrong. Topic is "how to get notifications only once". So I assume you want to get notification only in case test status changes. In this case add one "Bad" action with "Count is too high" message and one "Good" action with "Count is manageable" message. Use "Repeat: 1 time" option for both actions.

>I have set the criteria to be always true, i.e count > 100, but it reports both statuses

I think you created 2 "Bad" or 2 "Good" actions. Use instead 1 "Bad" and 1 "Good" actions.

Regards
Alex
unclelude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, what I want is to schedule the sql to run every 10 minutes and give me the status only when the condition count > 100 is true. But it keeps running on its own, randomly, and it gives me both statuses (don't know why, beacuse the count is never <= 100) . I can e-mail u screen shots if you would like.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better send HML file with tests and all *.LST files. It will be more useful than screen shots.

Regards
Alex
unclelude

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What e-mail address should I send them to ?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just click on "mail" below my message.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: