KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

JAVA Service check take down

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a machine that runs a service that is actually a Java App.

When we setup a test in HostMon to check this service, HostMon shutsdown the service simply by checking it (no action performed) and reports back that the service is 'bad'. Then if you reset the test, HostMon says the service is 'ok', but the service is actually stopped. Subsequent refreshes of this test just alternate between 'ok' and 'bad' consecutively.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>When we setup a test in HostMon to check this service, HostMon shutsdown the service simply by checking it (no action performed)

Are you sure this test does not have associated actions like "stop service" or "restart service"?
In this case I see only one explanation: service has error and crashes when receives standard SERVICE_CONTROL_INTERROGATE command. I checked HostMonitor's code, it sends just this single command.

>Then if you reset the test, HostMon says the service is 'ok', but the service is actually stopped

May be you have set "Reverse alert" option for this test?

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>Are you sure this test does not have associated actions like "stop service" or "restart service"?

I did originally, but took it out because I couldn't figure out what was going on.

>>May be you have set "Reverse alert" option for this test?

no, I tried that, but it did the same.

seems like Java Services can be troublesome. I found a discontinued app called "ServiceMaster" that sets up a Java Service in a more 'stable' way. but not sure about using it...

thanks

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: