KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

ShellScript test returns no results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashback

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: ShellScript test returns no results Reply with quote

Since upgrading from 7.78 to 8.00 beta, a large number of the shellscript tests I perform are showing unknown for a status. I am executing them all via RMAs, just upgraded to RMA 3.92. These shellscript tests read a local .ini file to determine the machine name, SQL database name, SQL username, and SQL password for the server. Using that information, they connect to the database and perform a query. The results of the query are used to determine if there is an issue.

If I manually "Refresh all visible items" from the view I have setup for unknown tests, they eventually all show "Ok" or "Bad" (whichever the case may be). However when it comes time for the scheduled scan, a large number of them once again show the same "Script Returns no results".

I wasn't having this issue until I upgraded hostmonitor and the agents.

Hostmonitor is running on a Windows 2008 Standard (SP1) platform with 4GB of memory. The agents are spread over several operating systems;
NT4 Server (SP6a)
2000 Server (SP4)
2003 Server (SP2)

Any ideas as to what is happening would be greatly appreciated.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We modified some code for Shell Script test method, HostMonitor 8.00 and RMA 3.92 should work faster in some cases.
We was able to reproduce the problem on Windows 2008 while HostMonitor works fine on our Windows XP and 2003 system...
Will try to fix ASAP

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We found what exactly code does not work correctly but we do not have any idea why it is working incorrectly. Actually it belongs to Windows API so we cannot fix it. May be we miss some information in Microsoft manuals, may its just a Windows bug...
For now we changed code back so it will work as version 6 and 7: a little slow but correctly.
There is update: www.ks-soft.net/download/hm801.zip

Regards
Alex
Flashback

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This appears to have solved the issue! Thankyou very much for your quick reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: