ShellScript test returns no results

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
Flashback

ShellScript test returns no results

Post by Flashback »

Since upgrading from 7.78 to 8.00 beta, a large number of the shellscript tests I perform are showing unknown for a status. I am executing them all via RMAs, just upgraded to RMA 3.92. These shellscript tests read a local .ini file to determine the machine name, SQL database name, SQL username, and SQL password for the server. Using that information, they connect to the database and perform a query. The results of the query are used to determine if there is an issue.

If I manually "Refresh all visible items" from the view I have setup for unknown tests, they eventually all show "Ok" or "Bad" (whichever the case may be). However when it comes time for the scheduled scan, a large number of them once again show the same "Script Returns no results".

I wasn't having this issue until I upgraded hostmonitor and the agents.

Hostmonitor is running on a Windows 2008 Standard (SP1) platform with 4GB of memory. The agents are spread over several operating systems;
NT4 Server (SP6a)
2000 Server (SP4)
2003 Server (SP2)

Any ideas as to what is happening would be greatly appreciated.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

We modified some code for Shell Script test method, HostMonitor 8.00 and RMA 3.92 should work faster in some cases.
We was able to reproduce the problem on Windows 2008 while HostMonitor works fine on our Windows XP and 2003 system...
Will try to fix ASAP

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

We found what exactly code does not work correctly but we do not have any idea why it is working incorrectly. Actually it belongs to Windows API so we cannot fix it. May be we miss some information in Microsoft manuals, may its just a Windows bug...
For now we changed code back so it will work as version 6 and 7: a little slow but correctly.
There is update: www.ks-soft.net/download/hm801.zip

Regards
Alex
Flashback

Post by Flashback »

This appears to have solved the issue! Thankyou very much for your quick reply. :)