ODBC Query test problem

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).
Guido39

Post by Guido39 »

I'm starting of with a simple query to check a database for the existance of a domain name ("MR") in a field. The reply comes back with a different domain name but it still shows bad. I then put a name of "kahkhaskdh" which doesn't exist and it still comes back bad.

I have the test execute SQL query and said alert when field in row 1, column 1 is = to "kahkhaskdh". The reply comes back with a domain that is in the field but not equal to this.

Am I doing this wrong or not understanding how it works?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Does HostMonitor display value of the field in "Reply" columns? Could you please provide test settings (e.g. export test into text file)?

Regards
Alex
Guido39

Post by Guido39 »

Here are the details:

Method = ODBC
;--- Common properties ---
Title = ODBC: wslogdb50_jul2003
Comment = ODBC: wslogdb50_jul2003
RelatedURL =
ScheduleMode= Regular
Schedule =
Interval = 600
Alerts =
ReverseAlert= No
UnknownIsBad= Yes
UseCommonLog= Yes
PrivLogMode = Default
;--- Test specific properties ---
Datasource = wslogdb50_jul2003
Login = xxxxxx
Password = xxxxxx
Timeout = 10
SQLQuery = SELECT USER_NAMES.[DOMAIN]FROM INCOMING INNER JOIN USER_NAMES ON INCOMING.USER_ID = USER_NAMES.USER_ID
CheckField = EqualTo
FieldRow = 1
FieldCol = 1
Value = fgdfgd

The reply is showing a domain name that exists in fieldrow 1 and fieldcol but it's not "fgdfgd". I would expect the status to be good then right?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I just exported your settings into HostMonitor 3.70, created database and changed data source. I kept rest of settings and test works correctly.
H'm, what version of HostMonitor do you use?

Regards
Alex