KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Tests using Name do not work - have to switch to IP address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpriess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Tests using Name do not work - have to switch to IP address Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

Hostmonitor 5.38
Windows Server 2003

This issue has occured periodically over several versions. It is still happening occasionally with 5.38. I can connect to a machine remotely (from the machine (start>run) hostmonitor is running on) using a unc path such as \\servername\c$. However, when I create a test accessing this same path from within hostmonitor it comes back as "bad".

As soon as I change it to use the IP address it works. When I ping the machine by name it resolves fine on the machine. It just doesn't work within the tests in hostmonitor.

This issue generally goes away when hostmonitor is restarted.

Thx,
Mark
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not HostMonitor's bug.
May be some bug in network client or may be UDP packet lost when network traffic is high...
If this error occurs just with several servers, try to move these tests into some folder and set "Non-simultaneously test execution" option for this folder (in the Folder Properties dialog)

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: