HM hangs When trying to define a performance counter

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
DennisBeach

HM hangs When trying to define a performance counter

Post by DennisBeach »

Host Monitor hangs when we try to define a performance counter. When you click the box to see counters to the right of Check Counter and server name, it hangs. We are running 5.28 Beta. We tried upgrading one of the 2 servers to 5.34 and still have the same problem.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

This dialog is displayed by Windows API, it may take some time if remote system is not available (up to several minutes) but it should not hang completely.
What Windows do you use? Service Pack?

Regards
Alex
DennisBeach

Performance Counter Problem

Post by DennisBeach »

We found the problem, no matter what server we put in, it goes to a particular server, which is over a very slow WAN link. How do we get it, to go to a local server.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

According to MS Manual: dialog tries to display "default" counter. But what is "default" counter... I don't know :roll:
I think we can force Windows to display counter that is specified for the test item... need some time to make modifications. May be tomorrow

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I was wrong. HostMonitor tells Windows to display specified counter (if counter already specified in Test Properties dialog). But this doesn't work. Will try to find out why...

Regards
Alex