MySQL test crashes

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).
polymorph

Post by polymorph »

I'am working with an registered version of host monitor V1.76 and it works fine, but now I've to test a mysql-db. But when the mysql test starts, the application crashes. I've tested on 3 different machines under WinNT4 and WinXP (not as service) and I've tested with different versions of libmysql.dll. I've also tested a demoversion of HostMonitor3 and it's all about the same.
Where is my mistake?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

What version of LIBMYSQL.DLL do you use? We use MySql client version 1.7.1, everything works fine. File: LIBMYSQL.DLL, Date: 04/09/2000, Size: 405562. If you would like I can send this DLL to you.

Regards
Alex
polymorph

Post by polymorph »

Hi Alex,
I've tested with different libmysql.dll's. One was included in the MySQL 3.23.52 binary windows download package on http://www.mysql.com . The size is only 233KB. It works fine with MySQLDAC for Delphi and other applications. Where is your version from ? Please mail your version to support@system-point.de , so I can test it. Thanks for your help, I will inform you if it works. :smile: Best regards, Michael
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

DLL has been sent. Its hard to say where it from, but I hope it will work on your systems as well.

Regards
Alex
polymorph

Post by polymorph »

Hi Alex,

thanks for the DLL. The application doesn't crash now :smile:) But the test is always "No answer". Username, password and permissions in mysql tables "db" and "user" are configured for external access and works fine with other applications via ODBC or native connection.
When I use a wrong username or password the answer is also "no answer" instead of "cannot connect" or something like this. Can I see the reason why the test failed in the logs somewhere ? Demo of HM3 shows the same behaviour.

best regards
Michael
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Just uploaded test program to http://www.ks-soft.net/download/mysqltest.exe
This command line console utility has 4 parameters: HostName, DatabaseName, Login, and Password. It will display error message when cannot login to the database.
BTW: If ODBC driver works correctly, you can try to use "ODBC Query" test instead of MySQL test.

Regards
Alex
polymorph

Post by polymorph »

Hi Alex,
thanks for the test program. Please see the following output. I've tested it on three different DB-Servers running SuSE Linux 7.3 and 8.0. MySQL is installed from the depending SuSE distribution.

--------output start----------------
load library .. Ok
Initializing ..
Connecting .. File 'C:mysql\sharecharsets?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2)
Character set '#5' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the '
C:mysql\sharecharsetsIndex' file
Ok
--------output end-----------------

best regards
Michael
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

polymorph

Post by polymorph »

Hi Alex,
you got it. I'm using character set "german1" cause I need this character set for order by and group by clause with german umlaute (öäü...). I've switched back to standard "latin1" character set and then your test program and HostMonitor works without any problems. But no I have the order by problem, maybe I can solve it in an other way. Thankx a lot for your superb and great support and all your time you spend on this posting. Best regards, Michael ---smiling again :smile:---

Post by Guest »

I am seeing this crashes as well, but not quite the same as the previous user.. I am on Win98 and I have tried multiple libmysql.dll files. It is intermittent. Once it will work but then the next time it performs an illegal operation. Sometimes, it even bluescreens. I have tried your test program that you submitted for the other person and this is the response:

Server : x.x.x.x
Database: servercheck
UserName: servercheck

load library .. Ok
Initializing ..
Connecting .. Ok

Any ideas..?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Did you try this one http://www.ks-soft.net/download/LIBMYSQL.DLL ?

Regards
Alex

Post by Guest »

Alex, the DLL file you provided worked perfectly...

Thanks,

Brian Gleason

PS. Kick Ass little monitor...