301 Access Violation

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
dkurfurst

301 Access Violation

Post by dkurfurst »

Hostmonitor 5.60 Beta
RMA version 3.14

I am trying to monitor a processe running on a remote server using the RMA and I am getting Error 301 Access violation at address 00468A43 in module rma.exe read of address 00c7c004. I have read thru the forum and have checked to see if the perfproc.dll was running on the server I am trying to monitor and it is. I have also tried just to have Hostmonitor its self run the test and I have no luck with that ether.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

What Windows do you use? Service Pack? Do you have installed some 3rd party software that provides its own Performance Counters?

Regards
Alex
dkurfurst

Windows Version

Post by dkurfurst »

the server is running windows 2000 service pack 4. I do not have a 3rd party performance counter
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

We cannot reproduce error on our systems :(
And I think 40% of admins uses this test method... Must be something special on your system, but what? Any antivirus monitor installed?

Regards
Alex
dkurfurst

access violation

Post by dkurfurst »

I have Symantec antivirus server running on this box, but that should not make a difference. OK anything else to try or look at?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Symantec monitoring module often cause problems, usually it makes problems for TCP, SMTP, POP3 test methods. Though we didn't hear about Performance Counters related problems, I think its possible...
Could you try to disable or better uninstall NAV monitoring module?
BTW: Symantec *scanner* does not cause any problems (as far as I know)

Regards
Alex
dkurfurst

Post by dkurfurst »

I am quite certian what you mean by Symantec monitoring module? I disabled real time protection on this box and it stil didnt work? I cant uninstall symantec off of this server as it serves as the main anti-virus server for my clients.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Yes, I was talking about real-time protection.
What about other tests? CPU Usage and Performance Counter tests work fine?

Regards
Alex
dkurfurst

Post by dkurfurst »

CPU Usage and Performance Counters work without a hitch. I just have issues monitoring processes.... Strange?
dkurfurst

Post by dkurfurst »

Anyother suggestions? I really need to get this working on this box
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Sorry, we don't know what is wrong and we cannot reproduce such problem on any of our systems :(
What version of perfproc.dll is installed on the system? Size?

Regards
Alex
dkurfurst

Post by dkurfurst »

Perfproc.dll version is 5.00.2195.6697
size 29k
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

We have the same version on our W2K SP4 systems. Works fine.
H'm.. could you check resource usage on your system? Handles, User Objects? Could you try to restart the system?

Regards
Alex
dkurfurst

Post by dkurfurst »

I rebooted the box and still no luck. Resource, handels, etc are all fine. Are there anyother software compatibility issues. I thought it might be related some software thats running, but I have other boxes running the same software and the process monitor works fine on them.This was the main reason why I purchased Host Monitor and now I cant monitor critical processes running on this box! Very frustrating!!!
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Sorry for that :(
We can easily return your money but we cannot fix error that comes for unknown reason. We did not make any changes in the code that performs Process test for years. Its pretty stable and works on thousand of systems.
I think something wrong with your system and we cannot fix that.

Regards
Alex