Memory Leak in Application

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
batcheson

Memory Leak in Application

Post by batcheson »

I am experiencing a memory leak in the application that causes the server to run out of system nonpaged pool memory and record event 2019 errors in the event log which crashes the server. The server will experience these errors and crash every couple days. I am using version 5.38 although this is an issue that has been occurring for many versions now. I am using an HP Compaq Proliant DL380 with Windows 2003. I don't believe it is server specific though because I have installed the application on many different computers trying to fix the problem with no better results.

I used Microsoft’s Poolmon utility and found that the memory leak is in the Memory Tag "File". While watching the monitor, I can see this memory tag steadily increase in size at an alarming rate. To eliminate any potential application incompatibility issues, I do not have anything else installed on this Server. This is to include Antivirus software, there is none installed.

Any help would be appreciated solving this because I'm not always around everyday to reboot the server and am having difficulties keeping it up and online. Thank you......
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

1) Could you please send your configuration files to support@ks-soft.net? We will try to reproduce the problem
2) Do you have setup some action that starts HMScript to import test settings from text file? "Import from text file" function could lead to memory leakage under some rare circumstances. This problem was fixed in version 5.64

Regards
Alex
batcheson

Post by batcheson »

Thank you...... Sending my configuration files now....