SMTP & Dialup

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).
fx1

Post by fx1 »

Hi:

I downloaded the trial version and tested but I am having some problems:

- the system is setup to use a regular dialup connection (when cable connection is down). It dials, connects, but then I get disconnected immediately right after the connection!!?? my username and password are fine I checked . Now, If I use an external freeware program that is launched automatically by Host monitor instead of using the host monitor dial up, then it works.

- I also setup Host monitor to email me using (smtp), but I am getting all the time an error message
I know it work, because if I use again a freeware external program that is launched automatically by Host monitor to do the same thing my message goes and I receive it .

I really like the program and it's features, that's just too bad that these 2 simple thing (dialup and email) don't work

I am using win98

Please advise
Thank you
Gil
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Gil,
I think you have some problem with your SMTP server. We received 3 letters from you and we sent answer 3 times. But it looks like you did not receive any?

>the system is setup to use a regular dialup connection (when cable connection is down). It dials, connects, but then I get disconnected immediately right after the connection!!??

Could you please provide more information?
What version of HostMonitor do you use? Also I not quite sure what program dials? HostMonitor? Windows? Some other program? If you use HostMonitor to establish dial-up connection, what method do you use? "Dial-up to the network" action? Could you please send your settings to our address line1@ks-soft.net? We need your HML file with tests, all LST files and hostmon.ini file.

>I also setup Host monitor to email me using (smtp), but I am getting all the time an error message

Again, I need more information. What exactly error message? Could you please send log from SMTP windows (that try to send mail) to our address line1@ks-soft.net?

Regards
Alex

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KS-Soft on 2002-10-03 19:44 ]</font>
fx1

Post by fx1 »

Thank You for the answer Alex:
Since that was a long message I send it directly to You as you have suggested with the "test files"
Gil