Check/Analyse the user-logins of microsoft

General chat about HostMonitor
TJB

Check/Analyse the user-logins of microsoft

Post by TJB »

Dear sirs,

my new task of a IT-Security-Officer is to check unregulary or failure Log-In of our network-users (microsoft XP User).
Is 'Advanced Host Monitor Enterprise' able to analyse the log-in-tables from microsoft ? Is it possible to check the tables with different parameters, i.e. I want to see illegal log-in-trial for users which are absent (in holiday, ill).
And I want to see all done Admin-changes in a daily turnus rhythm.
Please be so kind and give me advices (asap).

Many thanks * goodbye
TJB
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Is 'Advanced Host Monitor Enterprise' able to analyse the log-in-tables from microsoft ?
Log-in-tables? Windows provides some log in tables? I think Windows can record info into NT Event Log, that's it.
Is it possible to check the tables with different parameters, i.e. I want to see illegal log-in-trial for users which are absent (in holiday, ill).
How HostMonitor knows what user is ill?

Regards
Alex
TJB

Post by TJB »

KS-Soft wrote:
Is 'Advanced Host Monitor Enterprise' able to analyse the log-in-tables from microsoft ?
Log-in-tables? Windows provides some log in tables? I think Windows can record info into NT Event Log, that's it.
Is it possible to check the tables with different parameters, i.e. I want to see illegal log-in-trial for users which are absent (in holiday, ill).

Regards
Alex
Windows provides some log in tables? I think Windows can record info into NT Event Log, that's it.
Many thanks for your answers.
With your comment 'that's it' do you mean that 'Advanced Host Monitor' is able to analyse all events in the NT Event Log with a huge choice of parameters ?

... in this case I want to give the analyse-tool a list of names and the period. - Is that possible ?

Regard TJB
Yoorix

Post by Yoorix »

I think you should read manual to get more information regarding EventLog test.
Read the following article, pls. http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... m#chkNTLog

Regards,
Yoorix
TJB

Post by TJB »

Yoorix wrote:I think you should read manual to get more information regarding EventLog test.
Read the following article, pls. http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... m#chkNTLog

Regards,
Yoorix

Thanks for your advice to your article. This help me to answer all my question and give me a clear picture of the functions.

Regards,
TJB

Surely, I'll will ask more after install and using the HostMonitor-licence