Columns - Create New

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).
Ping This

Post by Ping This »

Hello Alex,

Is it possible to create a new listing in "columns"? I would like to create and add a new category. If this is not possible now, might it be in the future?

Thank-You in advance.

Mark
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Sorry, I am not quite sure what do you mean. If you need new column, I have to know what information you need in this field. If you just want to customize list of columns (order, names, etc), you can do this using Columns page in the Options dialog or you can define list of columns for each folder using Folder Properties dialog.

Regards
Alex
Ping This

Post by Ping This »

Hi Alex,

For example, I need to add a new column labeled "MAC Address". This column does not need any calculations done to it. I simply want a column simply to add text to. In my case I want to add the MAC address of the hardware I am monitoring.

Thanks.

Mark
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Probably you can use Comment field. I think in future versions will be added new fields: CommentLine2, CommentLine3..CommentLine10

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Done. There is update http://www.ks-soft.net/download/hm333.zip
This version has 4 new fields: Comment line #2, Comment line #3, Comment line #4, and Comment line #5. Using Columns page in the Options dialog you can change field names and their order.

Regards
Alex
Ping This

Post by Ping This »

Alex,

Thank-You very much for this addition. It works perfectly!

Mark :smile: