SQL Server test failing

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).

Post by Guest »

I have HM3.4 running on 2k sp2 with SQL Server 7 sp 3 running on 2k sp2 on another server. I am trying to run a sql test. Initially it failed because it could not load ntwdblib.dll I copied this to the system 32 directory and that error stopped. Now the test always fails but I can connect a ODBC data source from the HM machine.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

There is small Win32 console test application http://www.ks-soft.net/download/mssqltest.exe It has 4 command line parameters: Server Database UserName [Password]. mssqltest.exe uses the same code that uses HostMonitor but it displays diagnostic messages. Hope it will help to resolve problem.

Regards
Alex

Post by Guest »

I get the response

Error: Unable to connect: SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist. Specified SQL server not found.

I am able to run SQL Query Analyzer and attach to the same server.

Post by Guest »

Also I am able to successfully perform an ODBC connection test just not a SQL Server test.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I spent several hours checking documentation and newsgroups, found a lot information about similar problems with another programs (when some programs works, some doesn't on the same system) but did not find good solution. Some people update client library and its help, in other cases it does not help.
You said ODBC test works fine, so use it

Regards
Alex