Good Action doesn't honor Bad Action ?

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
Kapz

Good Action doesn't honor Bad Action ?

Post by Kapz »

Hi !

Hm 6.82 on Win2003SP2:

I have a test with a schedule that runs 24/7.
The action profile for the test consists of some "Bad" status actions and some "Good" status actions. Some of the "Bad" and "Good" actions shold be executed 24/7 while others are assigned the time restriction 08:00-22:00.

Today the test failed at 07:04 and HM executed the "Bad" status actions as expected, meaning that the actions restricted to run only between 0800-22:00 weren't executed.

When the problem was fixed at 08:57 HM executed all the "Good" status actions - also the ones with the 0800-2200 restriction which of course was expected from a "time restriction" point of view.

However, all of the "Good" status actions each have a corresponding "Bad" status action upon which execution it depends.
One of the "Good" status actions depends on a "Bad" status action with the 0800-2200 time restriction. When the test failed this "Bad" status action wasn't executed - but when the test went OK the corresponding "Good" status action was executed even though it depends on the "Bad" status action that wasn't executed.

Could there be a problem somewhere here ?

I hope you get the idea - it's a bit complex to explain and if you can tell me which files and/or text dumps that could help on this matter I'm sure I can dig them out :P

Thanks in advance !

Kasper
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

As I understand, some "Good" action, which depends on "Bad" one, was executed, despite of the "Bad" one was not executed because of time restriction. Do I properly understand the problem?

Regards,
Max
Kapz

Post by Kapz »

Max,

> As I understand, some "Good" action, which depends on "Bad" one, was executed, despite of the "Bad" one was not executed because of time restriction.
> Do I properly understand the problem?

You are absolutely right :D

/Kasper
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Yes, its how HostMonitor works. We plan to improve actions and add some new options somewhere in version 7.xx

Regards
Alex
Kapz

Post by Kapz »

Alex,

> Yes, its how HostMonitor works. We plan to improve actions and add some new options somewhere in version 7.xx

Roger that !

/Kasper