sms delivery notification with Z-text sms modem

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
dazhallt5

sms delivery notification with Z-text sms modem

Post by dazhallt5 »

Hi,

We are using a z-text sms modem and since changing mobile network provides we are unable to receive the text messages. None of the settings have changed within hostmonitor and I have proved it must be the new network provider (opel) as I also tested the sms service on a orange mobile network and this was received ok....

I have been asked by opel to get as delivery report for sms message. I have done this before with a Nokia we used to use by adding 'DeliveryNotification=1' to the gsm section of the hostmonitor.ini. Please see post
http://www.ks-soft.net/cgi-bin/phpBB/vi ... tification

But this is not working with this option I simply get this report back

[01/04/2008 09:48:00] Sys Com port open .. Ok
[01/04/2008 09:48:03] Sys GSM modem initialization .. Ok
[01/04/2008 09:48:04] Sys SMS to "mobile number" has been sent.
[01/04/2008 09:49:04] Sys Message delivery has not been confirmed. Timeout expired
[01/04/2008 09:50:04] Sys Com port close .. Ok
[01/04/2008 09:50:04] Sys GSM modem deinitialization .. Ok

have you any ideas on this please?
Last edited by dazhallt5 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
KS-Soft Europe

Re: sms delivery notification with Z-text sms modem

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

dazhallt5 wrote:We are using a z-text sms modem and since changing mobile network provides we are unable to receive the text messages. None of the settings have changed within hostmonitor and I have proved it must be the new network provider (opel) as I also tested the sms service on a orange mobile network and this was received ok....
Strange issue... In fact, it is hard to say what is wrong because we neither have ZText modem nor has access to "Opel" network provider.
"SMS to 07801323512 has been sent" message indicates that the message was passed properly to the modem. Have you tried to specify the recipient's number in International format (e.g. +4407801323512)?
dazhallt5 wrote:I have been asked by opel to get as delivery report for sms message. I have done this before with a Nokia we used to use by adding 'DeliveryNotification=1' to the gsm section of the hostmonitor.ini.
I just sent you the new KSGSMXLib.ocx library. Could you try it? Please, stop HostMonitor, decompress attached file into HostMonitor's folder and start HostMonitor again.
Also I would ask you to add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KS-Soft\GSMX registry key using registry editor, add GSMLogFile string value and specify there the log file name (e.g. C:\hostMon\at.log). HostMonitor will record AT-log into specified file. Could you try to send message using HostMonitor and send this log file back to us? Also you may send this log to your new network provider in order to check what is wrong in AT sequence.

BTW. Are you able to send SMS through this network provider using other software or Hyper Terminal program?

Regards,
Max