KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

How to have single graph with multiple values

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgobat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: How to have single graph with multiple values Reply with quote

hello all,
I have a script test which return me several values as shown above :

50% , 45 Mb, 23 Mb, 22 Mb

I only want to have a graph with the % value (in log analizer for instance) but i want to see all the values in hostmonitor..

Or ca i have a single graph ith all the values ?

Is it possible to do that with a special syntax ? ( i didn't found in the documentation)

Best Regards

Philippe
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean you want to have a filter by value? For instance, if you have the following replies in a row "50% , 45 Mb, 23 Mb, 22 Mb, 25%, 11 Mb, 70%", you want only "50%, 25%, 70%" have to be presented in a chart, right? Do I understand you properly? Or you have in mind something else?

Regards,
Max
pgobat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello:
Yes right !!!

it would be nice to have the graph with all the values simultaneously but it is another subject

best regards
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Actually, there is no such a filter for log files... Do you use ODBC logging? If yes, you may filter values using "Add custom filte" option in "ODBC logs Manager" window in Log analyzer: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/la/index.htm#odbcManager

Anyway, you may use the following trick. To this particular test you may assign an action profile with "Record HM log" action. Actions should be setup as "advanced mode" action with the following expression: ('%' in '%Reply%') and should write a record into specified log file ("Add record into specific log" option): http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#actions.htm#actLog
So, HostMonitor will write a record into specified log file if Reply contains '%' char only. After that you may load ths log file to Log Analyzer and produce the chart you want.

Also, I would recommend you to take a look at "Log Visualizer": http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/lv/index.htm

Regards,
Max
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean all these values returned by script at once, as a single line "50% , 45 Mb, 23 Mb, 22 Mb"? So Reply field of the test shows "50% , 45 Mb, 23 Mb, 22 Mb"?
Well, then our software may not analyze results properly. Any script should return single value.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: