Can`t execute external program

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
tashi

Can`t execute external program

Post by tashi »

Hi all

I tried to configure Hostmonitor to execute a external program if a test failed. But It dosen`t work for me. Then I entry a command to create a folder with mkdir for testing purpose. But this also failed. I

Here are the screenshots with my configuration. File Availability Test. I change the filename to create a bad status.

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 111342.jpg
http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... 111342.jpg

Regards
Tashi
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

Please, add "cmd /c" prefix to your command. So, your command line should be like this: cmd /c mkdir C:\test\success

Regards,
Max
tashi

Post by tashi »

Thank you for your reply. Now the command works when I run Hostmonitor in Application Mode. In Service Mode the command doesn`t work. Both with the same user. The user has admin rights on the server.
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

Sorry, could not reproduce the problem. :-?
Could you provide more information, please?
- What version of HostMonitor do you use?
- What Windows do you use? Service Pack?
- Where have you specified user account to start service? We recommend to set certain account into "Options" -> "Service" tab.
- Do you see any error messages in System Log (file is specified in menu "Options" -> "System Log"). You may access the System Log using menu "View" - > "System Log".

Regards,
Max
tashi

Post by tashi »

Hostmonitor Version 7.78
Windows 2003 SP2
The Account is a Domain Account and has Local Admin rights on the Server. I specified it in the "Options" -> "Service" tab.

I found a error in the systemlog: Error: cannot execute command "cmd /c mkdir c:\test\success". A required privilege is not held by the client.
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

tashi wrote:The Account is a Domain Account and has Local Admin rights on the Server. I specified it in the "Options" -> "Service" tab.

I found a error in the systemlog: Error: cannot execute command "cmd /c mkdir c:\test\success". A required privilege is not held by the client.
Hm. Pretty strange. Could you, please, specify local admin account into "Options" -> "Service" tab? It might help.
Anyway, I wonder why "Domain admins" account does not work... Probably, you should add some additional privileges to domain admin account on this particular system, like "Log on as service" (in "Local Security Policy" applet)..

Regards,
Max
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

Beside that, I want to ask you to assign "Replace a process level token" privilege to the Domain admin account on the machine, where HostMonitor is running (Start -> Programs -> "Administrative Tools" -> "Local Security Policy" applet -> "Local Policies" -> "User Rights Assignment").

Probably, you will have to reboot system after that.

Regards,
Max
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

Also, I think, you should grant "Take ownership of files or other objects" privilege.

Regards,
Max
tashi

Post by tashi »

Thank you. It works now :D
I grant the domain user all 3 rights("Log on as service" was already assigned to the user). The user is a domain user, not a domain admin.
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

tashi wrote:Thank you. It works now :D
Glad to hear that! :-)
You are welcome.

Regards,
Max