KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

AHM know how

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damngoodjay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: AHM know how Reply with quote

Hi to All,

I am a newbie but I am starting to read how AHM works using the Help File. However due to ignorance on the terms. Does anyone have a Administrator Guide or Getting started Guide.

Just a picture of how things work in AHM. Just a simple sample of how to configure server to agent relationship.

I had a problem but currently studying how to connect agent got error simply on password. I can't remember setting up a password on AHM server wherein all I know is that you set password on client but got error on credentials.

A big help will be how you can setup a client on AHM. Does anyone have a sample where I can check?

I believe when someone says easy it is easy hahaha. Just asking for some of the basics.

Thanks!!!!!
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: AHM know how Reply with quote

damngoodjay wrote:
I am a newbie but I am starting to read how AHM works using the Help File. However due to ignorance on the terms. Does anyone have a Administrator Guide or Getting started Guide.
Manual in MS-word format is included into package. You may find "manual.doc" in HostMonitor's folder. Also you may use "Search" feature of this forum to find useful information.

damngoodjay wrote:
I had a problem but currently studying how to connect agent got error simply on password. I can't remember setting up a password on AHM server wherein all I know is that you set password on client but got error on credentials.
In order to setup RMA, you should configure on remote side using rma_cfg.exe utility. http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/rma-win/index.htm#Settings

On HostMonitor side, you should use separate "RMA Manager" utility or "Agents List" dialog of HostMonitor.
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/rma-manager/index.htm
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#agentlist
After that, you will be able to select particular agent from "Test By" drop down in "Test Properties" window.

Regards,
Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: