KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

TCP Connection Test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holiday

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: TCP Connection Test Reply with quote

Hi,
it is possible to monitor how many specified ports on a specified client are open and alert when it's less then for example 8 open ports?

thank you
regrads
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, HostMonitor does not provide port scanner utility. However, you may use the following approach:
You should create TCP test for each important port you need to monitor (e.g. 21, 22, 25, 53, etc.) and place all these tests into separate folder. Please note: you should not assign any alert profiles to these tests. After that, you may place into this folder one dummy test, (e.g. Ping 127.0.0.1) and assign to this dummy test alert pfofile with one (or more) advanced mode actions. Logical expression for the advanced mode action should be like the following:
Code:
(%FolderCurrent_GoodTests%  < 8)

Quote from the manual:
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#actions.htm#foldermacro
=============================
%FolderCurrent_GoodTests% - Number of the test items (in the folder) those have "Good" status
=============================

With this configuration you will be alerted when less than 8 ports are opened.
BTW. You may use "Replicator" tool in order to populate TCP tests over list of ports you want to monitor: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/replicator/index.htm

Regards,
Max
holiday

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
thank you for your answer but i think that it not excactly what i will monitor. i will describe it a little bit more:

for example a client have 8 same ports open (for example port 5000) and i will monitor if have the client 8 5000 ports open or not.

it this possible with the hostmon?

thanks

regards
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Yeah, now I understand. Not sure HostMonitor can offer appropriate solution in this case. If you check ports on the machine, where HostMonitor or RMA is running, you may create a "Shell script" test method, that utilizes something like this:
Code:
netstat -nao | find /C ":5000"

But for remote systems it's a problem. Probably, you will be able to find appropriate WMI class, like Win32_NetworkConnection. In this case you may use "WMI" test method.

Regards,
Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: