KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New Feature Request

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XyberWolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HM can send SNMP Trap as an action item, but is there a way that it can 'listen' for an SNMP trap?
I'd like to be able to have SNORT send an SNMP trap message to HM to alert me when it detects a problem.
Also, many other programs can Send SNMP Traps, but so far only HM has 'alert/notification' features that are granular enough for my requirements.

Great tool, KS-Soft!
Can't wait to see what V4 looks like! <G>

Some other ideas:
1.) Scheduled downtime entry for test(s).
2.) Some more granularity on the notification end. (For instance, alert notifies a group, group is of 3 people, but one person happens to be on vacation, should only notify the two that are 'on duty').
3.) "People Schedule" - A person is "On Duty" these days, but not these days.
I think I can do this with multiple schedules and test configurations, but boy - that's gonna be a headache! <G>
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>HM can send SNMP Trap as an action item, but is there a way that it can 'listen' for an SNMP trap?

Not yet. Probably in version 4

>1.) Scheduled downtime entry for test(s).

Sorry, don't understand what do you mean

>2.) Some more granularity on the notification end.
3.) "People Schedule" - A person is "On Duty" these days, but not these days.
I think I can do this with multiple schedules and test configurations, but boy - that's gonna be a headache!

Something like this will be implemented.

Regards
Alex
XyberWolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! - can't wait to see V.4! <G>

The "Scheduled Downtime" idea was taken from another piece of software that I was testing. A web interface was provided that a 'manager' could fill in a form, and it would let the "HM" know not to perform selected tests from a start time to a stop time on a certain day, as the tests would fail while a system was down for upgrades. The tests weren't allowed to 'fail' and show as down time, since they were 'scheduled' to be down for an hour or two. It wasn't counted as 'down time', is was counted as 'scheduled maintenance' time.

Not a big deal, but makes the time keepers happy! <G> True, I could just 'disable' the tests for the time they were down for maint., but I'd have to do this manually...

Thanks for a great tool and the time to respond!

KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea. I am not sure it will be implemented but I added this task into our "to do" list with "low" priority.

Thank you

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: