Scheduler seems to stop running

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
infuseweb

Scheduler seems to stop running

Post by infuseweb »

Running HM 6.82 with RMA 3.44. I have some action profiles that execute a script using RMA on some remote servers according a schedule (as defined in Options). When I first start HostMonitor everything runs fine and the scripts are run according to the schedule (every 10 mins). After a while it seems the scheduled scripts stop functioning. A restart of the HostMonitor service seems to start executing the scripts again. So it's like the scheduler service on the HostMonitor machine is dying.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance!
Tony
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

6.82? Pretty old version however it works fine as I remember.
1st lets check system log file (specified on System Log page in the Options dialog). Any error?
What exactly action do you use? "Execute external program" action?

Regards
Alex
infuseweb

Post by infuseweb »

Yeah, I know. I'd like to upgrade to latest, but money is very tight and I don't have $400 free right now.

I did check the HM system logs, with nothing unusual reported. However, I just checked the event logs and it seems HostMon monitoring was stopping due to an unregistered version! I could swear I put my key in but when I went back to check, sure enough it was showing unregistered. And since I'm logging into the box with Remote Desktop, in order to open HM I had to run a BAT file to stop the service and restart in the Remote Desktop, so it always looked like it was running fine.

Well, I'll bet that'll fix it!
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

You may send request to sales@ks-soft.net. Please provide your registration name and/or order number and we will check your registration codes.

Regards
Alex