several time based mail notifications in one action profile

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
appleseed

several time based mail notifications in one action profile

Post by appleseed »

Hello,

I'd like to configure hostmonitor as slim as possible (test methods per device, action profiles etc.) and therefore I'm looking for a solution creating an action profile that informs me time based to different destinations: maybe from 7am - 7pm to my mail-inbox at work and from 7pm to 7am to my handheld or mobile phone. Is there a way putting them all together in one action profile?

Thanks in advance

Torsten
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I don't see any problem here. Simply add 2 actions into profile using different schedules for them.
Quote from the manual
=================
Time restriction option
Schedules can be applied to actions the same way they were used for tests. With schedules, actions can be customized per time of the day. For instance, an action profile can be set up to page both the IT manager and the network administrator during regular office hours, and to page the administrator alone the rest of the time, while doing nothing else but writing to the log on weekends. To make this possible, simply check the "Time restriction" option and select an appropriate schedule.
=================

Regards
Alex
appleseed

Post by appleseed »

Yepp, that's it.

Sometimes it's really worth that reading the f... manual :wink:

Thanks

Torsten