Alert action editor (notepad-like or object orientated)

Need new test, action, option? Post request here.
rasc

Alert action editor (notepad-like or object orientated)

Post by rasc »

Hi,

today I thought about making our alerts better (especially less often in the night) but that seems lots of work.
Same if a single email address changed and we had to adapt dozens of actions in a dozen of tests. Or to add scheduled actions.
At the end we do already have > 30 alert profiles and the point&click interface is nice but pretty inefficient.

I was glad if one either could edit the action.lst with a notepad-like editor which is able to do search&replace, copy&paste items (not whole tests, that's possible today) etc.
OR
at least had an object orientated editor which lets me paste a fully configured action object into an alert profile.

Thank you.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Same if a single email address changed and we had to adapt dozens of actions in a dozen of tests
When you need to use the same address for many actions, we recommend to use global macro variables
http://ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.h ... m#udvmacro
I was glad if one either could edit the action.lst with a notepad-like editor which is able to do search&replace, copy&paste items (not whole tests, that's possible today) etc.
OR
at least had an object orientated editor which lets me paste a fully configured action object into an alert profile.
We are thinking about some specialized search&replace option that can scan all actions, find the text within various fields, ask if you want to change this action and replace data.

Regards
Alex
rasc

Post by rasc »

KS-Soft wrote:
Same if a single email address changed and we had to adapt dozens of actions in a dozen of tests
When you need to use the same address for many actions, we recommend to use global macro variables
http://ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.h ... m#udvmacro
That's a good 1st step (though the search and replace came in very handy to change the configured email addresses into the new macro variables).
KS-Soft wrote:We are thinking about some specialized search&replace option that can scan all actions, find the text within various fields, ask if you want to change this action and replace data.
That's "not bad" but pretty limited. A better option was a Save-to-textfile for single actions (including all configured options) with an additional [Add] Item "Add from textfile". This should be easy to implement, don't you think?
That way one could edit actions relatively comfortable and quick.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Find&Replace function implemented in version 9.38
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... indreplace

Regards
Alex
rasc

Post by rasc »

Thank you very much, and

:P Happy New Year :P
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »