Text Log question

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
rbaca

Text Log question

Post by rbaca »

I have a custom application that appends a line of text to a log file when there is a suspected security event. The line of text has several fields in it delimited by a tilde (~). One of the fields contains the relative path to another text file that contains the information I need to make an informed decision. When AHM checks the log file and a new line of text is detected, an SQL action writes the "Text Log" event to an SQL database, but only the information from the application's log file can be seen.

Issue:
I need the information contained in the text file referenced by the log file entry. How can I have AHM write the additional information to the SQL database when it writes the entry for the "Text Log" event?

That is, I need to check a log file; if a new line has been added, then grab the filename out of that line of text, go to that file, pull out the information, then write it to the logging database.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

That is, I need to check a log file; if a new line has been added, then grab the filename out of that line of text, go to that file, pull out the information, then write it to the logging database.
HostMonitor cannot do that. You need to create some custom script...

Regards
Alex