HM server rebooting

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).
jammer

Post by jammer »

Hi

Im still experiencing problems where the server which just runs HM3.32 on windows2000server sp3 just reboots over night. The event log doesn't give anything away to the cause of the problem. I did think it may be norton antivirus due to the same bugcheck reported on their site so i removed it and still am getting the problem.

any ideas?

james
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

As you remember I had only one idea why all configuration files from your system those I received was damaged. May be somebody will have much better explanation.
So, some facts from our e-mail correspondence:
- on James system HM starts without errors, it means configuration files looks Ok on his system
- when James sent files to our address (for testing), we received damaged files. Not just damaged, completelly wrong files, HM cannot work with these files at all. When I look inside files I see just garbage. (I think James sent files twice, result the same)
- I am sure our mail server and client works properly because we receive a lot of mails every day (including HM configuration files as well).

I thought it can be some virus on James' system, but he has NAV installed on that system, so I am not sure about virus. Also I cannot check HM configuration, that's why I don't have any other idea.

BTW James, if you send configuration files by e-mail to yourself, how files will looks? Will HostMonitor work with those files?
Also I already asked "What size have files on your system?"
We have received:
- actions.lst 79 bytes
- schedule.lst 5 bytes
- RepPList.lst 54 bytes
- Palettes.lst 15 bytes

Regards
Alex
jammer

Post by jammer »

Alex

I've sent you our .lst files again via email. This time zipping them up as the sizes you have recieved are vastly smaller than what they are on the server. If you think, after looking at them this time around that they are corrupt then maybe it will be worth us setting up all the hosts again? Do you think corrupts settings files may cause the server to reboot and not leave an event in the log? Hope we can get to the bottom of this.

many thanks

James