Keeping existing folder-structure

General chat about HostMonitor
Hanus

Keeping existing folder-structure

Post by Hanus »

Hi!
I'm using Host Monitor 6.10.
I have a structure where I use Folder1 as top-level folder. Folder1.1, Folder1.2, Folder1.3, and Folder1.4 are subfolders to Folder1. There are several tests in all of these folders.
Now I have created Folder2. It shall contain the same tests, but on different hosts. Therefor I would like to keep the folder structure from Folder1.
I have tried exporting the tests from Folder1, and the tests are exported, but the folder structure does not get exported along.
Is it possible to export the folder-structure?

Regards
Hanus
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

You may use "Export current folder and subfolders" option (menu File > Export to Text file > Export current folder and subfolders). You should find lines with leading "DefaultFolder = " text. Using such lines you may obtain the folders structure.

Quote from the exported file:

Code: Select all

;You may uncomment the following line to import tests exactly into src. folder
;DefaultFolder = Root\Folder1\Some subfolder\

Regards,
Max
Hanus

Thanks!

Post by Hanus »

Thanks for the answer.

I solved the problem in an other way. I created the tests in the structure I needed, in a new hml-file. Then I use "append from hml-file", this works as intended.

Regards
Hanus
KS-Soft Europe

Re: Thanks!

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

Hanus wrote:I solved the problem in an other way. I created the tests in the structure I needed, in a new hml-file. Then I use "append from hml-file", this works as intended.
Good solution!

Regards,
Max