macro variables

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
simonl

macro variables

Post by simonl »

I'm trying to use macro variables to compress old common log files with HostMonitor special processing option but it's not working.
Here is the line of command which I'm using:
cmd /c c:\Program Files\WinZip\WZZIP.EXE "D:\Program Files\HostMonitor6\Logs\%mmddyyyy[-1d]%-log.zip" "D:\Program Files\HostMonitor6\Logs\%mmddyyyy[-1d]%-log.txt"

I can see entry in syslog.htm as:
Log processing: cmd /c c:\Program Files\WinZip\WZZIP.EXE "D:\Program Files\HostMonitor6\Logs\%mmddyyyy[-1d]%-log.zip" "D:\Program Files\HostMonitor6\Logs\%mmddyyyy[-1d]%-log.txt" ...

Could you please let me know if this is correct?

Thank you.

Simon.
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

Sorry, HostMonitor does not allow you to use "Date & Time" macro variables on "Log Processing" tab of the "Options" dialog.
You may use special variables in the command line:
%log% - represents full name (including path) of the log file (e.g. C:\Program Files\HostMonitor\Logs\04-2004.htm)
%logpath% - represents path to the log file (including trailing back slash. E.g. C:\Program Files\HostMonitor\Logs\)
%logname% - represents name of the log file (e.g. 04-2002.htm)
%logext% - represents extension of the log file (e.g. ".htm")
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... processing

Regards,
Max