Active RMA stops responding and service won't stop

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
russionix

Checking status of new build

Post by russionix »

Just checking to see if you've been able to integrate the changed code into a final form. I am still waiting to update my Active RM Agents to resolve the problem.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

We are testing new version. If you would like, I can provide a link.
You should test it anyway because old version works fine on all our systems so we cannot be sure we fixed the problem until you say so.

Regards
Alex
russionix

Please provide link

Post by russionix »

Yes, I would be happy to test it on a few of my systems. Please provide a link.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Does everythink work fine?

Regards
Alex
russionix

Active RMA agents still running

Post by russionix »

I updated about 20 of my active RMA agents so far and all have worked continuosly since update. It looks like whatever the problem was, it has been resolved. Nice work. I'll let you know if I run into any problems.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Great :) Thank you for testing
So, finally we can start implementing SNMP Traps test for Active RMA...

Regards
Alex
ldean

Post by ldean »

I know this is a really old post, but its the only one I can find that pertains to my problem, and given that it is this much later, i assume the new builds should have these fixes built into the code. Unforunately, however, we are still experiencing the same issues. Tests will come back as RMA not connected, when if we go into the RMA manager, they will show connected. If I look in the logs (loga_bad.txt) at the time that it dropped off, I see the following sorts of errors:

Code: Select all

Decode error: Cannot read data
or

Code: Select all

Decode error: Cannot read data (RMA Manager)
I hope you can give some suggestions as to what we can do to fix this issue, because we really like host monitor, except the false positives it keeps on throwing is really causing an issue as we can't be checking servers all day that aren't really having an issue. Let me know if you have any ideas. thank you!!
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I think its better to start new thread. Please create new thread and tell us what version of HostMonitor do you use? RMA version? Windows and Service Pack version on local (HostMonior) and remote (RMA) system?
Do you have installed some antivirus monitors, personal firewall, content monitoring software? Non stanard winsock components?

Also, how exactly problem appears?
a)) RMA cannot perform tests at all?
b) or Active RMA works for a while then test returns "Unknown" status then test may work again?
c) or or Active RMA works for a while then test returns "Unknown" status and after each next probe it returns the same "Unknown" status with the same "Cannot read data" message in Reply field of the test? then you restart Active RMA and everything works fine?
d) some other scenario?

Do you use some Passive RMA? If not, can you setup Passive RMA instead of Active RMA?

Regards
Alex