Error when doing a SQL Server Test

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
Stan White

Error when doing a SQL Server Test

Post by Stan White »

I get an error message "Dynamic library ntwdblib.dll not found" when adding the Hostmon SQL Server test.

Where is this "dll" file supposed to be? How do I resolve this problem?
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

"MS SQL server check" test method is obsolete. We keep it for backward compatibility.
We recommend to use ODBC Query test instead: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... s.htm#odbc
For ODBC test you will need to setup ODBC driver using 32-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator.
Please note: If you are using 64bit Windows OS and you want to setup ODBC Logging or ODBC test method, you should setup ODBC datasources using 32-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator (default path: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe).

If you still need to use "MS SQL server check" test, you may try to download dll at:
http://www.ks-soft.net/download/ntwdblib.zip
and copy it into HostMonitor folder.
Stan White

ODBC Data Source Administrator... ???

Post by Stan White »

I am not sure what the ODBC Data Source Administrator does and how to set it up?

I will need to run SQL Server scripts and I guess I need to know what I need to do to get this accomplished through Hostmon.
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

In order to use ODBC driver to connect to SQL Server, you need to configure ODBC data source using ODBC Data Source Administrator.
Afret configuring data source, it can be selected in HostMonitor.
Default location of ODBC Data Source Administrator is:
For 64-bit systems: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
For 32-bit systems: C:\WINDOWS\System32\odbcad32.exe
Stan White

ODBC for SQL Server

Post by Stan White »

I started to set up the ODBC which you said, however the ODBC Administrator does not tell me how Hostmon will connect to the SQL Server database on another server.

When I am adding a test to check the size of tables on other servers, I need to know what to do in Hostmon to make that happen.

Thanks
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

ODBC Data source should be configured on HostMonitor system.
This Data source name should be selected in HostMonitor.