Recalculate CRC for URL as now offered for file checks

Need new test, action, option? Post request here.
BHarvey

Recalculate CRC for URL as now offered for file checks

Post by BHarvey »

It's a pain to constantly update the CRC check every time the webmaster makes a change to a web page. It would be great to incorporate a recalculate CRC function for URLs much like you have added to the file check.

Thanks.
V Arun

Post by V Arun »

Try using HTTP test and enable "Recalculate CRC when page content changes detected". This should solve your problem.

Arun
BHarvey

Post by BHarvey »

Unfortunately this only works for HTTP, I have to monitor some HTTPS-only pages as well.

I think Alex mentioned updating the HTTP monitor to support HTTPS and such in the future along with some granularity over handling expired / incorrect name / and other SSL certificate issues on a per-host level basis.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

There is update at www.ks-soft.net/download/hm446.zip
URL test has new option - "Recalculate CRC"

Also this new version supports new SNMP Trap test method. If you want to try this method, I would recommend to copy your existent Advanced Host Monitor into another directory (or another computer), unzip new modules, and setup SNMP Trap tests for testing purpose only!

Regards
Alex
NickTan

Post by NickTan »

The feature Re-Calculate CRC is good, but how can I know my website is being updated by my webmaster and not hackers?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I think you may ask your webmaster

Regards
Alex