Test Traffic Monitor, option to select which traffic

Need new test, action, option? Post request here.
jrweiss

Test Traffic Monitor, option to select which traffic

Post by jrweiss »

Hi,

this test is great. I can finally replace MRTG and rather consolidated testing within HM.

However (users are never happy :wink: ) I wish one could select which traffic to monitor:

a) In only
b) Out only
c) In and Out

Thank you.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

8)
HostMonitor has these options (and even more)

Regards
Alex
jrweiss

Post by jrweiss »

Well, after I send this topic yesterday, I was guessing that the Alert setting also affects what traffic is measured. That is, however, not clear out of the documentation or User Interface which only talks about the Alert settings.
May be you can add a note about that in the documentation then you avoid having to answer "stupid" questions like this one.

Thanks, J.
MikeM

Huh? How do I mimic MRTG?

Post by MikeM »

I have a Traffic Monitor test set up to watch an SNMP device and I am getting valid replies in Kb/sec. How do I get Log Analyzer to graph CHANGES so I get MRTG style trending? Log analyzer seems to graph alive time, not relative changes.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

No, Log Analyzer does not graph alive time. It builds chart using Reply values of the test.
If you want to have detailed chart for all or some tests, make sure you set up HostMonitor to log all test results (not just info about status changes)

Regards
Alex