[requests]

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).
M@ster

Post by M@ster »

Hi,
I downloaded HM 3.40 and it runns great.
To be completely sattisfied with HM, I need additional features :wink:

How about:
- specify a timeperiod (e.g. a month)
- disable monitoring for a whole folder
- performancemonitor: bad, if increasing for x minutes

A question:
Can I check, if a scheduled task ran sucessfull?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

>specify a timeperiod (e.g. a month)

Sorry I do not understand. What timeperiod?

>disable monitoring for a whole folder

Yes, it will be implemented

performancemonitor: bad, if increasing for x minutes

May be i do not understand you again but I think you can use "increases /sec" option (HM sets "Bad" status when average increase of the counter (per second) is greater than the specified limit)

>Can I check, if a scheduled task ran sucessfull?

I do not understand you again. What do you mean check? Of course you can check, you can see test status in HostMonitor's window, you can check log file, or create reports.

Regards
Alex
M@ster

Post by M@ster »

I am sorry. It was late, when I posted those questions :wink:

>specify a timeperiod (e.g. a month)
I mean to create a report for a certain time period. e.g. one month for billing

>>disable monitoring for a whole folder
>Yes, it will be implemented
Great!

>performancemonitor: bad, if increasing for x minutes
My problem is, I can's specify a specific limit. I'd like to get a message, if some queue grows for more than x minutes. It doesn't matter if it grows by 10 or 1000. Just that it grows steadily is important.

>Can I check, if a scheduled task ran sucessfull?
The task is a scheduled task on another box. Some script is scheduled to run every few minutes. I want to control, if the script ran successfully.

thx
René
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

>I mean to create a report for a certain time period. e.g. one month for billing

I think you can use Log Analyzer, it can create HTML report. Just open Log Analyzer, select log file, specify date range, and click right mouse button to bring up popup menu.

>My problem is, I can's specify a specific limit. I'd like to get a message, if some queue grows for more than x minutes. It doesn't matter if it grows by 10 or 1000. Just that it grows steadily is important.

So, you need to start some alerts after x minutes? No problem: set "alert when value increases by 1 (or more)" option for the test. In this case HostMonitor will change test status to "Bad" when value of the counter increases by 1 or more. As you need to start alerts after X minutes, use "Start when Y consecutive Bad result occurs" option in the action profile that is assigned to your test. Where Y=X/Test_Time_Interval (Test_Time_Inteval - interval between tests in min). E.g. if you select to perform test every 2 min and you want to start alerts after 10 min, just set "Start when .. consecutive Bad result occurs[/b]" option to 5 (10/2=5)

>The task is a scheduled task on another box. Some script is scheduled to run every few minutes. I want to control, if the script ran successfully.

Sorry, I don't know anything about your scripts, what are your scripts doing, what OS do you use...

Regards
Alex
M@ster

Post by M@ster »

thx
I will try this next week. This week I am on holiday :wink: