In order to use HostMonitor (core of the package) your system must meet the following requirements:
Minimum system requirements
Windows Server 2003
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2012 R2 *
Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2019
Windows Server 2022
Windows XP Professional |
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 8 *
Windows 11 **
- Internet Explorer 6
- Free disk space: 40 MB (if you install HostMonitor only)
- Minimum screen resolution: 800 x 600
- Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019
- Internet Explorer 11
- Free disk space: 110 MB (for all components)
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher
* Windows 2012 / Windows 8:
HostMonitor can run on Windows 8 Pro and Windows Server 2012 however we do not recommend these systems due to some problems in Windows API related to Event Logs (in case you need to use NT Event Log test method).
** Windows 11:
HostMonitor can run on Windows 11 but performance will be much lower in service mode
- HostMonitor is 32-bit application, however it can be used on Windows x64 Edition running on x86-64 (AMD64) systems (not on Itanium/IA-64).
E.g. you can start HostMonitor on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows Server 2019.
- If you are using Windows x64 Edition and you want to setup ODBC Logging or ODBC test method, you should setup ODBC datasources using 32-bit
ODBC Data Source Administrator (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe).
Remote Monitoring Agents have different system requirements as they are designed
for various platforms. You may check system requirements in the following sections: